Warm Beer Cheese Dip
This cheesy dip is easy to make and tastes good with just about any dipper.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Balderson Extra Old Cheddar, divided
- 2 pkg (8 oz each) plain brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lager beer
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each garlic and onion powder
- 6 oz (175 g) cubed assorted charcuterie meats
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed rye bread
- 1/2 baguette, sliced into thin rounds and toasted
- 4 warm soft pretzels, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cornichons
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grape tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Using electric mixer, beat together 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) extra old cheddar, cream cheese, beer, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic and onion powder until well combined.
- Transfer to 9-inch (23 cm) square baking dish; sprinkle with remaining extra old cheddar. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve dip warm with assorted charcuterie, bread, pretzels, cornichons and tomatoes for dipping.
For a spicy kick, add 1 tsp Tabasco sauce.