Sweet and Spicy Pear and Prosciutto Quesadillas
With an explosion of yummy flavours in every bite, this cheesy quesadilla is perfect for snacking any time of day.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 slices Balderson Monterey Jack with Hot Peppers Natural Cheese Slices
- 2 large tortillas
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) honey
- 4 tsp (20 mL) sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- Place 2 cheese slices over half of each tortilla. Top with prosciutto and pear slices. Drizzle with honey and sriracha. Cap with remaining cheese slices. Fold tortillas over to enclose filling.
- Brush half of the oil over bottom of large skillet set over medium heat. Cook quesadillas, one at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese melts. (Alternatively, cook in panini press according to manufacturer’s instructions.)
- To serve, cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.
Serve with sour cream for dipping if desired.