Smoked Ham, Cheddar and
Fig Grilled Cheese
What is there not to love about this crispy grilled cheese which balances smoky, sharp and sweet flavours so perfectly?
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fig jam
- 8 slices sourdough bread (1/2-inch/1 cm thick slices)
- 8 slices Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar Cheese (250 g)
- 8 slices smoked ham
- 4 tsp (20 mL) grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- Spread fig jam over 4 slices of bread. Top with 1 cheese slice, ham and another cheese slice. Spread mustard over remaining slices of bread; place on top of cheese, mustard side down. Butter outside of bread slices.
- Heat large skillet set over medium heat; cook sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese melts.
Add arugula to grilled cheese if desired.