Smoked Cheddar-Stuffed Mini Peppers
Stuffed with Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar and chorizo, these stuffed mini peppers are a yummy appetizer that will get any party started.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 18 mini baby bell peppers, preferably multi-coloured
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar
- 6 oz (180 g) cured chorizo sausage, diced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) paprika
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) seeded and diced red finger chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Arrange mini peppers in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and charred in spots. Cool slightly.
- Cut slit into side of each mini pepper. Remove any visible seeds.
- Stuff double smoked cheddar cheese and diced chorizo into each pepper; return to baking sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400°F (200°C). Bake stuffed peppers for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
- Meanwhile, stir together parsley, remaining oil and salt, vinegar, chili, oregano and garlic until combined; serve with peppers.
- For a vegetarian option, omit chorizo sausage and stuff peppers with a bit of chopped sun-dried tomato or marinated artichoke hearts.
- Serve with grilled or toasted baguette slices for a hearty appetizer.