Raspberry Ale and Balderson Cheddar Bisque
Raspberry Ale and Balderson
- 3 tbsp [45 mL] Lactantia Butter
- 1 tbsp [15 mL] vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup [125 mL] diced red onion or shallots
- ½ cup [125 mL] diced leek
- ¼ cup [50 mL] diced roasted red pepper
- 3 tbsp [45 mL] all purpose flour
- 1 cup [250 mL] chicken broth
- 1 bottle [375 mL] raspberry ale
- 1 tsp [5 mL] each dry mustard and paprika
- 1 medium yellow fleshed potato, diced
- 1 cup [250 mL] Lactantia Half and Half Cream
- 1 cup [250 mL] grated Balderson Heritage Cheddar Cheese
- Over medium heat melt Lactantia Butter and oil in medium saucepan.
- Sweat onions, leeks and red peppers for 10 minutes in covered pan or until onions are softened.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until flour is absorbed.
- Add broth and ale, stirring continuously until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened.
- Stir in mustard, paprika and potato.
- Cover saucepan with lid, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until potato is cooked.
- Puree soup, stir in Lactantia Cream and Balderson Heritage Cheddar Cheese and simmer until cheese melts; season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.