Grilled Cheese & Pesto Roll-Ups
Easy to assemble, these cheesy and toasty roll-ups make a hearty snack that no one can resist.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 slices fresh egg bread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) basil pesto
- 8 slices Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar Natural Cheese Slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce, heated
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). On work surface, roll out each slice of bread to 1/8-inch (2.5 mm) thickness. Brush with pesto and top with double smoked cheddar cheese slice. Roll up tightly; place seam side down on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Brush tops with butter.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and cheese melts.
- Serve with warm tomato sauce for dipping.
Alternatively, use regular sandwich bread slices that are fresh, so they are soft and easy to roll.