Balderson Cheddars and
Producing a great cheese is reward enough. But it’s nice to be
recognized for the quality of your work. And for Balderson,
that recognition has come from around the world.
Here’s a sampling of the honours our cheese has earned:
We are so Proud of our 5-Year Aged Cheddar
For 140 years, we have made our cheese with the same dedication, pride, craftsmanship and patience, driven to make the World’s finest aged Cheddar.
It’s an experience worth waiting for.
Championships and First-place Showings at:
- World Championship Cheese Contest: 1 Gold & 2 Bronze
- World Natural Cheese Making Competition, Wisconsin – Grand Champion, 1986, 1 Gold & 3 Silver medals, 2008
- Grand Prix Cheese Competition, Six-Time Category Champion, Dairy Farmers of Canada
- Royal Winter Fair, Toronto
- British Empire Cheese Competion, Belleville
- Ottawa Winter Fair, Ottawa
- Mammoth Cheese Competition – Ottawa
- Canadian National Exhibition, Toronto
- International Dairy Competition, London
- Natwich Cheese Competition, United Kingdom
- American Cheese Making Society
- Canadian Grand Prix – New Product Innovation